Camp Potlatch is Now Hiring!
- Are you someone who wants to make a positive impact on kids and help them discover their best?
- Do you have an appreciation for nature and want to work in a beautiful waterfront location near Vancouver, BC?
- Are you someone who enjoys camping, outdoor pursuits and has the know-how to teach these skills to others?
- Do you enjoy being part of a diverse staff team in a supportive and caring community?
Consider joining the Camp Potlatch team for the 2019 camping season!
We are currently looking to fill a variety of positions for our 2019 Spring, Summer, and Fall staff teams. Specific positions, as well as general information about Camp Potlatch, are outlined in the Staff Application Guide. Please have a read through and see if working with us could be a good fit for you. (Click here for guide.)
If you worked at Camp Potlatch in 2018, please review the Staff Application Guide 2019 and fill out the following Returning Staff Application form. (Download application here.)
Who do We Hire
At Camp Potlatch, we look for individuals who have a variety of skills and talents to offer and better our camp community. Above all else, it’s our staff team’s desire to bring out the best in the kids we work with and belief that every kid is capable of the extraordinary that sets our campers up for success.
Staff members are mature and responsible. They role model the values of the Boys & Girls Clubs of South Coast BC, and put the needs of their campers above all else. The care of Potlatch campers is the first and foremost priority of every staff member.
We also look for individuals who are fun and creative. Our staff members are willing to get down and play just as hard as out campers! During camp wide activities and mass swims, our staff members are engaged with our kids, leading cheer-offs, dressed in full costume and body paint, and encouraging all campers to participate.
Successful candidates are patient and compassionate. We work with a diverse population of campers, many of whom need gentle encouragement and positive reinforcements to change negative behaviours.
Working in an overnight camp setting is demanding. Each child’s emotional, physical, and social care is our 24/7 responsibility. Despite challenges, working at camp can also be incredibly rewarding. Camp staff leave camp more responsible, independent, and with increased confidence.
Minimum Requirements for all Potlatch Staff
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C”
- Bronze Cross Swimming Certification (all paid staff)
- Bronze Medallion Swimming Certification (all volunteers)
- Clean Criminal Records Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Previous experience working with children
- Previous camping experience
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or call our Vancouver office at 604.324.2267.